Here is where we are:
- Our crowdfunder is running until 7 January. We have to raise £12,000 by then or we lose the pledges, We have £7,000 so far.
- The plan is to run a tour in February, visiting towns and cities where local groups and/or local MPs want to take part. Probably 10 days including 2 weekends unless we get more money than we think.
- We will include Manchester/Leeds and London and some other places. There will be small events at each place we visit.
- The aim is to attract media attention, local and national.
- The message on the bus is designed to (a) resonate with soft leave/don’t know voters and (b) to echo slightly the Leave campaign – that is the hook that will get us the media attention
- Current thinking is something like: “The Brexit Bill: £[big number]. Is it worth it?” The idea is just to get people asking the question whether Brexit is really worth it, given what it actually means.
- We are in touch with Best for Britain about our messaging plans and how it ties in with the overall movement messaging strategy
- There will be a supporting leaflet/messages
- We are going to test messaging on members of the public, including subsidiary messages – e.g. reference to the NHS.
THE BIG THING NOW IS TO BREAK THROUGH THE FUNDING BARRIER. WITHOUT ACHIEVING THE £12,000 WE WILL NOT REDEEM THE PLEDGES AND THE BIG BUS WILL NOT HAPPEN. NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL OUR SUPPORTERS TO SEND AN EMAIL TO ALL THEIR CONTACTS WITH THE LINK TO THE CROWDFUNDER SITE: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/50bn-and-counting/
WITH EVERYONE’S INVOLVEMENT, THIS WILL HAPPEN.
If you want to get involved, email us on email@example.com